Recipe Ideas / Aussie Scones
- Sieve flour and salt into a fine mix in bowl.
- Melt butter and add to milk and pour onto dry mix.
- Create a soft dough without over working. Less is better.
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured board to a 2cm height, and cookie cut into round scone shapes.
- Place on greased baking tray, glaze tops with a little milk, and cook in a hot oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cover until ready to serve with a teatowel to keep fresh.
- 2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 30g butter or margarine
- 1 to 1 ½ cups milk
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- ½ to 1 tablespoon of sugar or icing mixture(lighter)