Recipe Ideas / Pear and Banana Tealoaf
Pear & Banana Tealoaf
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, and grease and/or line a medium loaf tin. Make Nerada tea in a small saucepan or microwave-proof bowl, using 1 tea.
- Remove teabag, and add pears and butter, bringing to boil. Simmer gently for 2 to 3 minutes until pears soften (microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes). Meanwhile mash banana (1 large or 2 small) with lemon juice and salt.
- Measure into large bowl, stirring in flour, spices, ground almonds and sultanas, adding in lightly cooled pear mixture, and stir until well combined. Add a little more tea if mixture is too dry (this will depend on ripeness of bananas).
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin and bake in oven until cooked. Serve buttered or plain.
- 190ml (¾ cup) hot black Nerada Tea
- 90g (¾ cup) dried pears (chopped)
- 160g (1 ½ cups) mashed banana
- 40mls (2 tablespoons) butter or margarine
- 125ml (½ cup) honey
- 240g (1 ½ cups) wholemeal SR flour
- ½ tspn salt
- 1 tspn lemon juice, added to banana
- 1 tspn powdered cinnamon
- 70g (½ cup) ground almonds
- 90g (½ cup) sultanas
- ½ tspn powdered nutmeg (optional)