Green Tea Face Mask Recipes
There’s a myriad of uses for green tea. Whilst it’s delicious to enjoy as your favourite brew, it’s also known for its use as a beauty product. The high concentration of antioxidants helps to detoxify the skin and face. It may often be bitter to taste but it does wonders for your skin. You will find green tea as a core active ingredient in many cosmetic products, but without spending a fortune there’s lots of ways you can use your favourite green tea in your beauty routine.
Learn about some of the best DIY face mask recipes to enhance your skin using green tea as part of your regular beauty regime.
Green Tea and Manuka Honey Face Mask
Reputed to have benefits for enhancing your skin and helping to add some glow and moisture, this green tea and honey face mask may sound a little sticky, but your skin will bask in the treat and leave it feeling smooth and soft. It’s also fabulous for spot treatments.
- Cut open a green tea bag, moisten the green tea leaves and mix well with organic Australian Manuka honey (such as BeePower) to make a uniform consistent paste.
- Apply the pack all over your face and leave for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
Alternatively, you can mix 2 teaspoons of organic Australian Manuka honey with 1-2 teaspoons of brewed cooled green tea water to get a green tea and honey solution. Soak clean cotton balls into the solution and dab onto your face, leaving it there for 15 minutes then rinsing off with cool water. Apply twice a week for the optimal glow.
Green Tea, Rice Flour and Lemon Juice Mask
If you’ve got oily skin then this simple mask may just be worth trying. Rice flour is a natural ingredient that is known to help treat blemishes, pigmentation and dark spots. Given its exfoliating properties it also helps absorb the excess oil from the face and helps give a natural healthy glow to your skin.
- Brew some Nerada Organic Green Tea (loose leaf or tea bags) and allow it to cool. Mix 3 tablespoons of the green tea solution with 3-4 tablespoons of rice flour
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice to form a smooth paste to give a firm but not runny consistency. Pack over your face and leave for 20 minutes before rinsing thoroughly with cool water
- Rinse the pack off your face and apply your favourite moisturiser
Green Tea and Mashed Avocado
Pure green gold! The face mask not only hydrates the skin, but even nourishes it, improving overall skin health. Avocado is rich in B vitamins and fatty acids which assist to moisturise and nourish the skin.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of green tea and 1 ripe and mashed Australian avocado.
- Combine together until you get a smooth paste
- Apply mixture over your face and leave for 15-20 minutes
- Rinse off and use cold water to pat your skin dry.
Green Tea and Yoghurt Mask
This one takes a little more preparation given there’s a few more ingredients to use. Yoghurt is also packed with vitamins and minerals so this is often a favourite in beauty routines.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a mixing bowl
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of dry oatmeal
- Stir in the vinegar to coat the oatmeal
- Add 2 tablespoons yoghurt (such as Mungalli Biodynamic Yoghurt) , mix well and let sit for 2 minutes
- Drizzle in 1 teaspoon of Australian honey and mix until evenly distributed
- Pour in 3 tablespoons of Nerada green tea
- Stir until make a paste
- Apply to your skin with clean fingers and wait for 15 minutes until the mask hardens
- Remove the mask with lukewarm water and enjoy the glow!
Don’t forget that your skin reacts differently to a variety of ingredients, so be sure to test a small patch on your elbow or other part of your body before you apply your mask. If you have sensitive skin it’s worth talking to your health practitioner or dermatologist before you apply anything new to your skin.
Looking for some green tea to use in your beauty routine? Discover our organic Green Tea Range.
Loose-Leaf Green tea
250 GRAMS | LOOSE LEAF TEA
Light and fragrant, with an inviting nutty, buttery flavour, green tea is a healthy drink choice. Research continues to reveal…$14.95 | Add to cart view in more detail
Green Tea & Ginger
5 packs | 50 bags per pack
Ginger is native to tropical South East Asia. It has been used since ancient times for a wide range of…$20.00 | Add to cart view in more detail