ANZAC Biscuits Recipe
Celebrate our National Day of Remembrance with this tasty Aussie classic and a cup of your favourite tea.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 60g butter
- 1 teaspoon bi-carbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Mix rolled oats, coconut, plain flour and sugar in a bowl and stir to combine.
In a small saucepan place the golden syrup and butter and stir over low heat until the butter has fully melted. Mix the bicarb soda with boiling water and add to the golden syrup mixture. It will bubble whilst you are stirring together so remove from the heat.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully combined.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper, pressing down on the tops to flatten slightly.
- Bake biscuits for 15 minutes or until golden brown.