Gluten Free Flourless Chai Chocolate Cake
Everyone loves a piece of scrumptious chocolate cake, and this Gluten Free Flourless Chai Chocolate Cake means that no one will have to miss out on this sweet treat! With only eight ingredients, you’ll be making this cake again and again. We recommend you enjoy it with a hot cup of Nerada tea!
- 2 Nerada Chai Tea Bags
- 60ml milk
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- 150g butter, diced
- 150g caster sugar
- 5 eggs, separated
- 150g almond meal
- ½ tsp ground cardamom Cocoa (optional), for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C (150˚C fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the Chai tea bags and milk in a small saucepan. Slowly bring to the boil, then turn off the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes, then strain, discarding tea bags.
- Place the chocolate, butter and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir through the strained chai milk until melted and smooth.
- Whisk the egg yolks until pale and fluffy. Clean the beaters and then whisk the egg whites in a separate clean bowl until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg yolks into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the almond meal and cardamom until combined.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate-almond mixture, then pour into prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes (or more) in the tin, then remove from tin and cool completely on a wire tray. Serve dusted with cocoa, if desired.