Pavlova with Rosehip Syrup and Berries Recipe
Whether you’re serving it as a Christmas dessert or as part of an Australia Day menu, the classic Aussie pav gets a celebratory make-over with a fragrant rosehip syrup made using Nerada Organics Rosehip Lemongrass & Ginger tea.
- 6 eggwhites
- 1 1/2 cups (330g) caster sugar
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 500g mascarpone
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 Nerada Organics Rosehip Lemongrass & Ginger tea bags
- 1 cup caster sugar
- Strawberries and raspberries, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a large biscuit tray with baking paper and draw a 20cm circle on the paper.
- Whisk eggwhites and sugar in a bowl for 15 minutes or until thick, glossy and sugar dissolves. Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar until combined. Spoon mixture into the centre of the circle template, smooth the surface. Using a small palette knife drag the meringue from the bottom upwards into peaks. Place in oven and reduce oven to 100°C. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes or until outside is crisp and dry. Turn off oven and leave meringue in oven with the door ajar for at least six hours or until cooled completely.
- To make the rosehip syrup. Bring 250ml water to the boil in a small saucepan. Add the tea bags and leave to infuse for 5 minutes, then remove the teabags. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Once the sugar is dissolved completely, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 5-10 minutes to thicken. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool completely and thicken. Set aside until ready to serve and keep any extra in the fridge.
- Combine mascarpone and vanilla in a bowl, then gently spoon into the centre of the pavlova. Top with berries and rosehip syrup. Serve immediately.