Quick Chocolate Cake
This recipe is just what you need in the school holidays. It’s super-quick and easy and the first step is to make yourself a cup of Nerada black tea! The kids will enjoy making it just as much as they will devouring it as it makes a fudgy, quite moist cake – delicious.
1 cup Nerada black tea
1½ cups plain flour
3 heaped tsps cocoa
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 cup white sugar
4 tbsp light cooking oil
1 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Grated dark chocolate
- Make a pot of Nerada tea, drink a cup and reserve one cup for the cake. Allow to chill in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 190C and grease a 20cm round cake tin.
- Put all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly. Make a well in the centre and pour in tea, oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 40-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Grate some dark chocolate over the warm cake and allow to cool in the tin. Turn out when cool.
NOTE: this is an egg-free cake.