Store-cupboard Tea Loaf
Baking is a great way to pass the time, and this tea loaf is a no-fuss recipe with only a few ingredients. Perfect enjoyed with a cup of tea for morning tea or an afternoon treat.
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 tbsp of bicarbonate soda
- 1 cup cold black Nerada tea
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- Extra raw sugar, to sprinkle
- Put fruit, sugar and bicarb soda in a large bowl. Pour over Nerada tea. Cover with plastic wrap and stand overnight, in a cool, dry place.
- Next day, heat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 7cm-deep, 11x21cm loaf tin. Sprinkle with the extra raw sugar.
- Stir golden syrup and self-raising into fruit mixture and mix well.
- Transfer mixture into prepared loaf tin. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Set aside to cool for five minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a cup of Nerada tea – black or with a dash of milk.
Image source: Pinterest
Loose-Leaf Plantation Blend
125 / 250 GRAMS | LOOSE LEAF TEA
Grown on the lush Atherton Tablelands in Queensland, this tea is sourced exclusively from our pesticide-free plantation. It is picked,…$10.95 – $14.95 | Select options view in more detail