Vanilla Rooibos Tea Cookies
If you’ve got a sweet tooth, or just love to use tea in your baking, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you! Our Vanilla and Rooibos Tea Cookies are a favourite that we know you’ll love too. These cookies are made with pantry staples and our Nerada Vanilla and Rooibos Tea. They’re simple to make and simple to enjoy.
- 5x Nerada Organic Rooibos & Vanilla Tea Bags
- 150g butter, softened
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1x egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 cups plain flour
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. Remove the tea leaves from the tea bags and add to pan. Toast for 2 minutes, shaking the pan often. Remove from heat once the tea is fragrant.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth and well combined. Beat in egg and the vanilla bean paste.
- Stir in flour and tea leaves.
- Roll your cookie dough into a log shape. Wrap it in cling film and transfer to the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove log from fridge and cut into 1cm thick slices. Place cookies 3cm apart on prepared baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies start to brown. Leave to cool on trays for five minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to completely cool.
Image Source: Pinterest