Lemon Myrtle & Wattleseed Shortbread
This is shortbread with an Australian twist. The wattleseed provides a subtle nutty flavour, while Nerada’s Lemon Myrtle Black Tea adds a zesty finish.
- 1 tbsp Nerada Loose-Leaf Black Tea with Lemon Myrtle
- 2 tsp roasted and ground wattleseeds
- 225g butter
- 115g caster sugar
- 340g plain flour
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, to dust shortbread
- Place tea and wattleseeds in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to release the aromas and break down the coarseness. You could also do this with a mortar and pestle.
- In an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the wattleseeds and tea to the butter mixture and mix until combined. On a slow setting, add the flour to the butter and mix until fully combined.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced) and line two baking trays with baking paper. Place a piece of plastic wrap on your bench top and lightly dust with flour. Place the dough on the plastic wrap and top with another layer of plastic. Roll out the dough to approximately 5mm thick between the two layers of wrap.
- Remove the top plastic wrap and cut cookies into your preferred shapes. As these are very delicate shortbread cookies, use the bottom layer of plastic wrap to help transfer biscuits to the baking tray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove shortbread from the oven and allow to cool on the trays. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!
Loose-Leaf Black Tea with Lemon Myrtle
125 / 250 GRAMS | LOOSE LEAF TEA
Our Loose Leaf Black Tea infused with lemon myrtle is grown pesticide free on the lush Atherton Tablelands in Far…$10.95 – $14.95 | Select options view in more detail